In 1977 Dennis was invited by Tom Morgan to join Kiwanis. Since then, Dennis has enjoyed tenure in many capacities within the Kiwanis Organization:
• He has served in all elective offices of the Brighton Kiwanis.
• He has served as Lt. Governor, Governor Elect, and Governor of the Michigan District. While Governor, the MI Kiwanis had over 10,000 members in 220 clubs and saw a growth of 190 new members.
• He was also the Michigan District Circle K Administrator for 5 years.
• He has served on three (3) international committees.
• In his 35 Kiwanis years, he has attended 17 International conventions and 20 Michigan conventions.